Re: JavaScript Injection ???

At 1:09 PM -0400 4/18/11, Joshua Kehn wrote:
On Monday, April 18, 2011 at 1:06 PM, tedd wrote:

Hi gang:

Quite some time ago I had a demo that showed Javascript injection. It
was where a user could type in:

<script> alert("Evil Code");</script>

and a JavaScript alert would be shown.

But now my demo no longer works. So, what happened? Was there a php
update that prohibited that sort of behavior or did hosts start
setting something to OFF, or what?

If you know, please explain.

Thanks,

tedd
--
-------
<http://sperling.com>http://sperling.com/

Not that I know of. Are you talking about on-page injection, like comments and such? Normally JS injection would be that (bad scripts inserted by the user on a comment form or review page) or where you are using eval() and they dump bad code into there.

Regards,

-Josh

No, I had a simple form where IF the user entered:

<script> alert("Evil Code");</script>

-- into the form's text field (i.e., $_POST['text'] ) AND clicked Submit, the form would

echo( $_POST['text'] );

-- and that would produce a JavaScript Alert.

Here's the form:

http://php1.net/a/insecure-form/index.php

It was a simple working example of JavaScript Injection. But it no longer works and I want to find out why. The most popular reason thus far is "Browsers have changed", but I'm not sure as to what did change.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------