Re: Closing Session

At 02:12 PM 3/31/2011, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 13:54 -0400, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:

> At 01:30 PM 3/31/2011, Daniel Brown wrote:
> >On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 13:09, Ethan Rosenberg <ethros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Dear List -
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help.
> > >
> > > How do I close a session form the terminal? I need the ability to do this
> > > for debugging.  I often have more than one session open at the
> > same time, so
> > > creating a program with session_start() and session_unset() or
> > > session_destoy() would probably not work.
> >
> >     Can you rephrase the question, Ethan, or give more details?  From
> >the way it sounds, you're concerned that destroying a session will
> >have implications for other sessions as well, which is not the case
> >(unless all sessions are shared).  For example, if you have Chrome,
> >Firefox, and Internet Exploder all active, the sessions should be
> >different, if even from the very same computer.  However, multiple
> >tabs in the same browser will generally be the same session (unless
> >it's something like Chrome's Incognito feature).
> >
> >--
> ></Daniel P. Brown>
> >Network Infrastructure Manager
> >http://www.php.net/
> =========
> Thanks.
>
> >Multiple tabs in the same browser will generally be the same session.
>
> That is what I have.
>
> Ethan
>
> --

If they're all in the same browser, then what distinguishes them from
one another? If you could use that and add some sort of array in the
session with entries bearing to what tabs you have open then you could
use that to 'close' sessions. Why do you need multiple tabs open to the
same site anyway, maybe if you explained what it is you're trying to
achieve, we might help with a better way?

--
Thanks,
Ash

========
Ash -

I can be working on more than one program simultaneously and have one tab open w/ program A and another w/ program B. The site in reference is "http://localhost....";

I hope this helps.

Ethan

MySQL 5.1 PHP 5.3.3-6 Linux [Debian (sid)]