Re: xinetd vs php socket server

Nathan Nobbe wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 3:34 PM,
Bostjan Skufca <bostjan@xxxxxx> wrote:

>> If
you need high performance you probably already know that it will be
>> very
>> expensive CPU wise if workers are spawned on
each request. If you don't,
>> would not bother
with daemon and just use xinetd. You can always add

daemon-handling stuff later on.

>> Well I do hope
you find a good working solution with as little

inconvenience as possible,
>> b.
>

> hmm, wouldn't both the solutions most likely be forking?  php
daemon would
> fork since threading isn't supported, and xinetd,
probly best to have it
> fork for the same reason apache is
typically configured to fork.  right?

Speak for yourself.
I've always configured my systems to thread.  Since IBM rewrote the
threading library several years back (NPTL), Theading works.  I use
the threading version of apache and threading is enabled in PHP.

It works pretty well until its under attack by the spammers.

--Curtis