Re: possible variable declaration error

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 09:00, matty jones <urlugal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I used the format of your link and that gave me something like what I was
> looking for, so I am sure now the error is just in my markup.  How would I
> get this to work without passing it a value or does the function not work
> like that, in which case no biggy I am just trying to figure all this out
> the old fashioned way.  I read the manual page for the function and I
> thought that the type of setup I was using would work.

    If you're not passing a publisher name, then you probably just
want to list everything else, right?  If that's the case, change up
your ->execute() call like so:

<?php

// If ?publisher=[whatever] was sent via GET....
if (isset($_GET['publisher'])) {

    if ($d_series_fetch->execute(array($_GET['publisher']))) {
        while ($row = $d_series_fetch->fetch()) {
            print_r($row);
        }
    }

// If ?publisher was NOT sent via GET
} else {

    if ($d_series_fetch->execute()) {
        while ($row = $d_series_fetch->fetch()) {
            print_r($row);
        }
    }

}

?>

    As for why it's not being set, if it's an AJAX call, there's
probably something wrong on the client side (JavaScript).

    And finally, with regard to the east coast comment, no joke....
you're only a couple of hours from me (I'm down in Scranton), so you
can empathize --- I swear the below-average (read: Siberian)
temperatures we keep having roll in make it still feel early when it's
2:30p.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager