Re: possible variable declaration error

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Daniel Brown <danbrown@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 08:18, matty jones <urlugal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I get the following error " PHP Notice:  Undefined index: publisher in
> > /var/www/testfunctions.php on line 65" and I have narrowed it down to
> what I
> > *think* is a variable not being declared.  Here is the code.
>
>     This line is the issue:
>
> > if ($d_series_fetch ->execute(array($_GET['publisher']))) {
>
>     $_GET is populated, in part, by the query string --- the data
> following the question mark in your browser.  For example:
>
>        http://example.com/fake.php?publisher=Random%20House
>
>        <?php echo $_GET['publisher']; // Output: Random House ?>
>
>    So, as you can see, it's complaining because you didn't give it
> that information.  If you don't always want to have to do so, surround
> it with an isset() case.
>
> I used the format of your link and that gave me something like what I was
looking for, so I am sure now the error is just in my markup.  How would I
get this to work without passing it a value or does the function not work
like that, in which case no biggy I am just trying to figure all this out
the old fashioned way.  I read the manual page for the function and I
thought that the type of setup I was using would work.