Re: Howdy (new in here)

On 15 February 2011 20:42, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 12:52 PM -0600 2/15/11, Nicholas Kell wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 15, 2011, at 11:52 AM, tedd wrote:
>>
>> Â> I guess that we run in different worlds. Most of the PHP programmers I
>> know are very good.
>>>

>> I have to agree with you, tedd. Most of the PHP devs that I know are also
>> quite good. But, the fact that both you and I know mostly good devs is not
>> going to change the perceived reputation of PHP harboring lousy developers.
>>
>> I also believe that the rep that PHP has, is in part to blame that PHP is
>> a first (and sometimes only) language for a lot of people. That, mixed with
>> the publishing rate of code, makes for some lousy code to be seen by all.
>
> I have yet to meet a programmer who I could not learn from. Sometimes it's
> how NOT to do something. Â:-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd

And it isn't always about programming. Talking to clients and
understanding what they need (not just what they say they want as
quite often, they don't know). Understanding the requirements of the
business. Basically, the programming is often the easy part.

Richard.

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend