Bilingual strtotime()

Hi,

Living in Canada, and being a bilingual country, I have data I am processing which includes dates in both English and French.

I was wondering if there was a way to use the strtotime() function when the months are in one or the other of the above two languages?

Just to add to it, for French, they may or may not have the various accents.

The data is in no specific order, so one could be in English, the next in French, then back to English.

All I can think of, is to create an array to 'translate' the French months into English, but I was wondering if there is an easier way? If not, how in regular expressions, would I go about ignoring accents please?

Cheers
Alexis