Re: Cross-platform IDE

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:06:12 -0500, Andy McKenzie wrote:

>[...]   So:  does anyone have a recommendation for an IDE that works in
>Windows, Mac, and Linux?  I spend roughly equal time in all three, and
>I haven't found a tool I like yet that works in all of them.
>Actually, I stopped looking three or four years ago, but at that point
>there didn't seem to be anything.  If anyone has any advice, I'd love
>to hear it!

Try Geany: http://www.geany.org/

The one thing it doesn't do (yet) is debugging PHP. Otherwise, we find
it to be great for working on PHP, JS, HTML, XML and CSS. It's small and
fast, so if you don't need all the bells and whistles of an Eclipse,
Geany might suit you better. Worth a try at least.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"It doesn't matter if the Rock wants to go get diamond rings or not!"