Re: Array Symbol Suggestion

Thanks for all the responses to my suggestion.  I realize this would be a major change, so that's why I also mentioned it as an addition to the language.

I'm sure it's just what you're used to, but still being new to all this, it just makes sense (to me anyway) to have different symbols for different variable types:
$scalar
@array
#hash

Since the @ sign is already reserved, maybe there's another symbol that would work better?  I don't know.  These are just ideas that I came up with while reading and I thought I'd throw it out there to see what others thought.

I like the idea of a naming convention, so that's what I'll do in my scripts.  I also appreciate the heads up on is_string(), is_array(), and var_dump().

Thanks again,
Marc