Re: Command line PHP

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Joshua Kehn <josh.kehn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My apologies. I just view PHP as a perfected web language, due to it's
> templating nature, while using it for other things (scripts, utilities,
> cron) is a misuse in my opinion.

Even if you are proficient in more "CLI-appropriate" languages, there are
times where you'd still choose to use PHP in this role. For example, our
data access layer is written in PHP. It was an easy choice to write our
sitemap-generating tool in PHP even though I am more comfortable in Java and
Python.

"The right tool for the job" rarely depends on only one or two factors. :)

David