Re: How does one reply to messages on this list?

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 08:19:52AM -0600, Nicholas Kell wrote:

> Couldn't we just have a reply-to address for the list in the header of
> the email? So all a fella had to do was hit reply, and it would work?
>
> This is how the Apache and the MySQL list works. The PHP list is the
> only list that I have to manually edit my reply every time.
>
> For example, I hit reply all on this message, it is now replying to
> Daniel, and CC'ing Sam and the php-general.

Lists to which one does not have to be subscribed to post are often set
up this way. My local Linux users group list does it the way you
suggest, because it's a closed list.

But the originators of any list set up things the way they believe is
best, and there's no benefit to arguing about it. There are heated
arguments about both ways of setting up a list, just like there are with
top- and bottom-posting. The final authority is the list admin for the
list you're posting to. And he's generally unsympathetic to opposing
viewpoints.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster