RE: new keyword combined with other things...

Last time I checked, there isn't an equivalent of Hibernate for PHP. :)

> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Tommy Pham <tommyhp2@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > The only need I see for this is to build the query dynamically...
> > which should be very rare since all those function calls are
> > expensive, IMO.
> >

> Function calls haven't been expensive since 1992. ;) The cost of running
the
> SQL query itself will dwarf any function calls made to build the query.
The
> gains in developer productivity vastly outweigh the small gains to be had
by
> micro-optimizing away function calls and other abstractions, and developer
> time is much more expensive than CPU time.

Don't know about that since every little bit adds up and with the lower
power consumption aka 'go green', it's hard to say ;)  As for optimizing, it
should have been considered during the application design process before the
code is written.

Regards,
Tommy