Re: No errors gets displayed, just a blank page

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 13:16 -0500, tedd wrote:

> At 2:07 AM +0100 12/8/10, Rico Secada wrote:
> >Hi.
> >
> >What can cause that no parse error gets displayed (blank page/no output
> >at all) even though error reporting is set to "-1"?
> >
> >I have run the script through php lint on the console and it comes up
> >with no errors.
> >
> >I have run into this problem the last couple of days making debugging a
> >nightmare.
> >
> >Anyone with experience in this behavior?
> >
> >Thanks and best regards
> >
> >Rico
>
> Rico:
>
> You probably have an error.
>
> So, start with a blank page that contains echo('aaa'); and see if it
> runs. If it does, then 'aaa' will be printed.
>
> Then start adding your code in small portions and run same until you
> don't see 'aaa' appear. From there, figure out what portion of your
> code doesn't work.
>
> That is a "sure fire" way to find all errors.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd
>
> --
> -------
> http://sperling.com/

I'd also check any errors logs for this site made by Apache, as that
will tell you where PHP is falling over. If you have access to the whole
server run a 'tail -f' command in a terminal and go to your site again
in the browser, that way, you'll see the new error messages as they come
in.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk