RE: curl and variable parameters in hyperlink

 Thanks to all for your interest so far but as I said, new to PHP. Changed
POST to GET and all now working fine!

 Tommy, the third party site is fully aware of what I am doing. We pay them
to use the data, as do lots of other companies in our industry. Supplying
data is what they do. We could not use the site at all without being given a
valid user name. Far from 'preventing them being successful' the more users
they have the more successful they become. We do not 'pass the work as our
own' they are credited on our site as suppliers of the content, so there
really is no issue there.