Re: curl and variable parameters in hyperlink

On Wednesday 24 November 2010,

"Bob Keightley" <bob.keightley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I already have a curl script that gets the web page, but it doesn't pass

> the parameters

Hello Bob,

> Being new to PHP I haven't the first idea how to modify it so that it

> does.

> Script is as follows:

> $url = "">

> foreach ($_POST as $key=>$post) {

> $post=str_replace(" ", "+", $post);

> $url.=$key."=".$post."&";

> }

Instead of concatenating strings, I suggest to use the http_build_query()

function:

<?php

$data = "" => 'val1',

'param2' => 'val2',

'param3' => 'val3');

$query = http_build_query($data);

echo "Query: {$query}\n";

?>

So, to create a query string based on your $_POST request parameters,

you just need to use the function as follows:

<?php

$query = http_build_query($_POST);

echo "Query: {$query}\n";

?>

This will create the proper query string to be used on your URL.

> $ch = curl_init($url);

> curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

> curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 0);

> $data = "">

> curl_close($ch);

> $data="" '.php', $data);

> echo $data;

> This returns the web page, but ignores val1 and val2 which are necessary

> to execute the query.

Best regards,

--

Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw [at] coder [dot] cl>

System Programmer & Web Developer

Phone: +56 (2) 979-0277 | Blog: http://coder.cl/