RE: Re: use of ini vs include file for configuration

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 14:21 -0800, Daevid Vincent wrote:

> [...]

Tell that to the developers of all the big names out there, phpMyAdmin,
phpBB, CodeIgniter, et al. All of them, for ease of use, put all the
config files in the htdocs directory by default, presumably so that they
don't lock out those people who can only get hosting that does not allow
much more than basic configuration.

It might be poor design, but it's just the way things are, and if you're
working with such hosting, it's worth bearing in mind what your options
are. I did mention specifically about putting the config files outside
of document root, but that's not always possible in every case.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk