RE: Re: use of ini vs include file for configuration

Why would you put your configuration file in a ../htdocs folder? That's
just poor design.

Just as your classes and include files are OUTSIDE your document root, so
must your config file be.

Plus it's trivial to secure a .ini with a .htaccess or other apache method.