Re: Newbie looking for a project

tedd wrote:
At 12:34 PM -0500 11/8/10, Daniel P. Brown wrote:
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 06:29, Ashim Kapoor <ashimkapoor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Writing apps on my own is fun but it's fruit is only for me to benefit
 from,but yes if nothing else I should do that.

    Not at all, many others can benefit from it as well.  Tedd's
examples have been referenced on this list many times, and you can see
them yourself:

        http://www.php1.net/

    Just because you're developing the code to learn for yourself
doesn't mean you can't put it in the public domain for others to do
the same.

Thanks for the plug, but let me add this.

When you develop a demo for yourself, you can take liberties. However, when you release a demo for public/peer review, you had better know what you are doing and that makes you a better programmer.

My advice, spend your time learning and helping others -- it will educate both.

That's better advice than you may ever know Ashim ^