Re: Template engines

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 14:41:12 -0700
"Hansen, Mike" <Mike.Hansen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I really like the idea of using a templating engine. Which one do you
> use? Why? For those that don't use templating engines, why don't you
> use them?

PHP is in itself a template language and I find that the template
engines just get in the way.

Why learn a template language when you can just concentrate on PHP?

Also you can easily become dependable on a third party template system
which needs to be upgraded. You never know when such an upgrade is
necessary for your system and when it might break something.

I always use homemade template systems and try to keep things very
simple. If designers are working on the project as well they almost
always benefit from a little insight into PHP rather than having to
learn some template language they can't use for anything else.

IMHO - If you have to jump in and out of HTML and template syntax you
might as well jump in and out of HTML and PHP.

---
Mange venlige hilsner/Best regards

Kim N. Lesmer
Programmer/Unix systemadministrator