Re: PHP sessions - users being automatically logged out

Inc session.cache_expire. You have only 3 minutes.
This means browser will drop cookie containing session id in three
minutes, or even less, of clients inactivity.
I prefer to set expire-time to zero. So, browser will never forget session id.
In other case, if security requires, i usually set it to 24 hours, to
avoid some mystic problems, in case of misconfigured servers and/or
clients TZ; they are rare.