Re: Model View Concepts

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Ashley Sheridan
<ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 10:16 +0200, Sebastian Detert wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm currently searching for any code snippets, tutorials, howtos,
>> concepts which explain different ways to collect all type of data/input
>> (i.e. inside a class, xml, json string whatever) and create independent
>> html files (i.e. different designs), xml files, pdf files, etc. out of
>> that pool of data. Do you have any urls or own experience you could share?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sebastian
>>

> How about looking into using a framework like CodeIgniter? I know I plug
> it a little bit on this list, but of all the frameworks I've used, I've
> found it the easiest to get running from scratch, and can be the
> quickest to get working for someone new to frameworks.
>
> Basically, it handles the way bothersome stuff with pulling in various
> models etc for a controller, and lets you get on with actually building
> the code that makes the website work.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

One MVC framework I have used recently is Kohana:

http://docs.kohanaphp.com/

See links on models, views etc.. It has a OOP flavor, and considered
fairly lightweight. I have written my own simplistic MVC framework
which is more efficient but definitely not as feature rich as Kohana.
There are good hooks for db handling (which will do input validation,
escaping etc..).

Ravi