Re: Execute a php page and don't wait for it to finish

What about simply having the script trip a flag that another background
script checks every 60 seconds or so?

Once a minutes a background script checks to see if it needs to preform any
tasks.
When a user hits a certain page it does an ajax request to trip this flag
and immediately returns.
The next time the background script checks if it needs to do anything, it
sees the tripped flag and preforms the relevant database copy - or whatever
:-)

Chris.