Re: Buffering output to allow headers late in code?

chris h wrote:

I'm working through my class on PHP and I tried to put information from my
sign-on process in the navbar. This didn't work well, since I had to reload
the page to see it as the navbar was constructed earlier in the code than
the signon process. (Hard to explain, as we are building a "dynamic" web
page with lots of include files to fill in the main contnt portion of the
page.)

I don't know if this will be much help, but I try to do all the controller /
model work before I mess with the view side.  So the controller starts off
with the ball, then he and the model pass it between each other a few times
until the controller finally hands it over to the view, who does her magic
and makes the score! ... Perhaps that analogy went to far.

At any rate!  Ideally the sign-on task would be done before any tasks that
would use sign-on data. Additionally, the layout of your page should
not necessarily dictate the order of any tasks (i.e. the sign-on box being
below the welcome box should not mean that the sign-on task gets done before
the welcome task).

Hope that helps!
Chris.

I guess that is kind of how I was thinking I might have to rewrite the code - but that seems to be a major departure from the current "architecture" of the website we're developing in the course and I'm kind of worried that it might get harder and harder to follow along in the lessons if I deviate too much.