Re: Eclipse, Komodo, Netbeans, Zend Studio, PHP Storm, other?

On Oct 13, 2010, at 12:58 PM, Hansen, Mike wrote:

> I'm about to do a lot of work on an existing code base and I think I'd like to try an IDE. I currently use VIM for most editing.
>
> What IDE are you using?
>
> What do you like about the one you are using?
>
> Which ones have you tried?
>
> Mike

Good question.  I've tried Zend Studio Beta 8, Eclipse, Komodo, and Netbeans on my MacBook Pro.  Netbeans is probably the only one that I haven't gotten very frustrated with.  They are all very good but eventually all but Netbeans starts to grind to a halt.  I love the layout of the Eclipsed-based ones and would love to use Zend Studio or Eclipse.  But, when I spend more time waiting for the busy cursor to go away than coding, those nice tools don't do me any good!

That being said, does anyone else use a Mac and have similar problems?

Take care,
Floyd