RE: Re: Friday's Post

I haven't done a lot of coding in Java & ASP.NET/Winform (specifically C#) yet.  But from what I've seen and like so far is that ASP.NET supports unsigned primitive types (S/Byte, U/Int16, U/Int32, U/Int64) while Java doesn't - even though there are requests to have it implemented/supported back in late 1990s.  Also, it's a shame that the same support doesn't carry to MS' SQL Server.  It's a +1 for MySQL here!  But then, if you intend to use MS' MVC in the future, it's only officially supported in v3.5+ (it's MS way of forcing people to upgrade).  That being the case, it's no longer 'deploy anywhere' since Mono only supports up to v2, IIRC.  PHP & Java has the major advantage of 'develop anywhere' & 'deploy anywhere'.  Thus in the long run, you have lower TCO, IMO, due to the licensing for the OS and individual 'client access'...

Anywhere = any OS that will support the JDK and/or PHP binaries.

Regards,
Tommy