Re: Copying an Object

Am 22.09.2010 13:35, schrieb Daniel Kolbo:
Hello PHPers,

I have:

class A {
	...code
}

class B extends A {
	...code
}

$a = new A();

$b = new B();

I would like to get all of the properties of $a into $b by value.  Class
A extends 3 other classes.  I would like a way to not have to manage a
'copy' method in B if A or one of the subclasses of A change.

I was reading about clone, but this doesn't really seem to help me in
this situation.

How can I copy $a into $b?

Thanks,
dK
`

Hi dk,
by using inheritance only you will bind your code to an specific implementation of code. Wherever you want to do with your classes, i think is the better way to use some design patterns to build classes by the functionality or by structure. The use of composition allow to manage your classes flexible very well. But look for Factory or Decorator (maybe Command in this case) to solve the class inheritance.

Regards

Carlos Medina