Re: PHP Email Question

Just on this topic, I found swiftmailer library to be really useful
esp. in dealing with 'template' emails with custom variables per
recipient:

http://swiftmailer.org/

The e.g. on email template processing:

http://swiftmailer.org/docs/decorator-plugin-howto

There are batchSend() functionalities, ability to compose various mime
type emails etc...

Ravi