Re: 1984 (Big Brother)

At 12:03 PM -0400 9/18/10, chris h wrote:

But Tedd, I'm still thinking that a "dead man's switch" is the way to go.
 :)

Chris et al:

I think the method I'll recommend to the client is to have the entire office tied to his computer. When it's on, everything is up and when it's off, everything is down

That way if the client wants to leave (lunch, bathroom, whatever), he can turn his computer off, or leave it on -- as he wants.

If he doesn't show up for work (vacation, sick, whatever), he can tell a subordinate to turn his computer on, or not -- it's totally his choice.

The beauty of this method is that it is very simple to understand. There's nothing complicated about it.

As I tell my grand-kids "Half the people you meet everyday are below average intelligence -- plan for it". There's nothing elitist about my statement, but rather a statement of fact. I often over estimate the understanding of clients and as I get older I see the error in my ways.

Program for excellence, but design for stupidity.

Thanks to all.

Cheers,

tedd

--