RE: Session Vars loaded from MSSQL Query drop, those loaded from MYSQL Query stick

Tommy  - I ran phpinfo() but I don't see anything in it referencing
MSSQL or SQLSRV.  I have included all the references to "sql" I see
below, but the only references I see to databases are to mySQL and
SQLLite.  Unfortunately I don't have any control over how service-packed
the database server is.  Is there something in SP 4 for SQL Server 2000
that is supposed to fix the issue I'm having, I may be able to plead my
case for getting the latest SP.  Is this the case, do you know?

mysql
MySQL Support enabled
Active Persistent Links  0
Active Links  0
Client API version  mysqlnd 5.0.5-dev - 081106 - $Revision: 1.3.2.27 $
Persistent cache enabled
put_hits  0
put_misses  0
get_hits  0
get_misses  0
size  2000
free_items  2000
references  2

Directive Local Value Master Value
mysql.allow_local_infile On On
mysql.allow_persistent On On
mysql.cache_size 2000 2000
mysql.connect_timeout 60 60
mysql.default_host no value no value
mysql.default_password no value no value
mysql.default_port no value no value
mysql.default_socket no value no value
mysql.default_user no value no value
mysql.max_links Unlimited Unlimited
mysql.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited
mysql.trace_mode Off Off

mysqli
MysqlI Support enabled
Client API library version  mysqlnd 5.0.5-dev - 081106 - $Revision:
1.3.2.27 $
Active Persistent Links  0
Inactive Persistent Links  0
Active Links  0
Persistent cache enabled
put_hits  0
put_misses  0
get_hits  0
get_misses  0
size  2000
free_items  2000
references  2

Directive Local Value Master Value
mysqli.allow_local_infile On On
mysqli.allow_persistent On On
mysqli.cache_size 2000 2000
mysqli.default_host no value no value
mysqli.default_port 3306 3306
mysqli.default_pw no value no value
mysqli.default_socket no value no value
mysqli.default_user no value no value
mysqli.max_links Unlimited Unlimited
mysqli.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited
mysqli.reconnect Off Off

mysqlnd
mysqlnd enabled
Version  mysqlnd 5.0.5-dev - 081106 - $Revision: 1.3.2.27 $
Command buffer size  2048
Read buffer size  32768
Collecting statistics  Yes
Collecting memory statistics  Yes

PDO
PDO support enabled
PDO drivers  mysql, sqlite

pdo_mysql
PDO Driver for MySQL enabled
Client API version  mysqlnd 5.0.5-dev - 081106 - $Revision: 1.3.2.27 $
Persistent cache enabled
put_hits  0
put_misses  0
get_hits  0