RE: 1984 (Big Brother)

From: tedd

> At 9:10 AM -0400 9/13/10, Steve Staples wrote:
>>here's a silly idea...
>>
>>put the database on his computer (or the entire app).  that way, when
>>he's *there* he is logged in.  if the computer is off, he's not there,
>>the app wont work (and the database).
>
> Silly or not, that *would* work.
>
> Now I have to figure out how to do that.

This may be the only way to do it, but it shouldn't be too hard to
figure out. If he turns off the computer every time he leaves his desk,
it can be installed anywhere, even as a service. But if he leaves the
computer on, it has to be on his desktop, probably with an entry in his
Start directory to start it when he logs in. But he has to actually log
out of the desktop to block access, not just leave it in the screen
saver.

Bob McConnell