Re: tutorial failure

'Twas brillig, and e-letter at 19/08/10 13:35 did gyre and gimble:
> On 19/08/2010, David McGlone <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Yes it is. But your computer needs the correct software to view that php
>> file in a web browser as if it was a web page. If you do not have this
>> software installed, then the web browser will ask you if you want to
>> download the file instead.
>>
> The web browser views the php file as described previously; there is
> no prompt to download the file.

You are apparently using Mandriva as you mentioned urpmi in your
original email.

I strongly suggest you do: "urpmi task-lamp" as this will install all
the revenant packages.

I strongly suspect you have not installed the apache-mod_php package.

I should stress that you should *not* have to edit *any* files to get
your system up and running. If you do edit files (especially your apache
configuration) then you really do need to sit down and learn how
everything works and how things fit together.

As you're presumably just starting out, I'd recommend sticking to the
basics, install task-lamp and then go from there.

HTHs

Col

--

Colin Guthrie