Re: the state of the PHP community

Bastien Koert wrote:
On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 1:36 AM, Nathan Rixham <nrixham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

I find myself wondering about the state of the PHP community (and related
community with a PHP focus), so, here's a bunch of questions - feel free to
answer none to all of them, on list or off, or add more of your own - this
isn't for anything specific, just out of interest and sure I (and everybody
who reads the replies) will learn something + doors/options/contacts may
come of it. The only thing I can guarantee is that I'm genuinely interested
in every reply and will read every one of them + lookup every tech and link
mentioned.

in no particular order:

What other languages and web techs do you currently use other than PHP?
- if you include html or css please include version, if js then preferred
libs, and whether client or server side.

Classic ASP (ugh!)

I'll reply in full shortly when I get a chance, but for now - condolences, sincerely - and thanks to the nice dates we currently have I can say:

"wow i remember using classic asp as my primary language a decade ago"
or:
"omg I wrote my first news admin system in classic asp at the turn of the century"
or even:
"omg I remember being stuck with classic asp in the last millenium"!

In all seriousness though:
1: how'd you manage to get stuck on classic asp still? maintaining old systems that won't shift? 2: has it changed much, if any? (last i used was chillisoft on cobalt raq4's!)

Best,

Nathan