Re: communication protocol

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 18:41 -0300, Augusto Flavio wrote:

> Hi List,
>

> I'm looking for a chat support likes the livezilla. The livezilla is a great
> tool but doesn't have language supports to another language instead english
> and german (operator side). Then I thought that a good option would be
> develop my own chat support.
>
> A great solution is build the server side in PHP. The client side would be
> developed in PHP. For the operator side I thought that could be a Desktop
> Windows Application build using the Flex.
>

> I found that have a communication tool called BlazeDS for Flex that works
> and helps with the development of this chat support. But the BlazeDS is for
> Flex/Java. Is there some tool in PHP that helps the development of a server
> web messaging likes the BlazeDS?
>

> Thanks for all.
>

> Augusto Morais

It depends what you need the chat to do. Are you looking for a full
chatroom or a one-to-one chat option? You could quite easily have an
AJAX front-end that queries the server every ½ second or so for new
messages and display them. You could have something up and running very
easily in no time at all.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk