Re: HTML in emails

On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 11:43:59 -0400, Al wrote:
> I know this is a bit off-topic; but close enough.
>
> I'm starting to update the email feature of one of my DB applications and
> noticed that it appears most of the fancy emails I receive are using just plain
> old, simple html pages, with a note about not being able to see, go here with a
> link.
>
> It use to be that we specified content-type text/html, etc. and sent both the
> plain ASCII and the html with boundaries and so forth.
>
> Seems like, from my preliminary Google searching, I should not waste time with
> the standard's way and just go straight to sending simple html pages since all
> modern browsers handle it well. And, it appears to be the way web is going.
>
> What are you folks doing?

In general, I simply do _not_ read "fancy emails".    Alpine 2.00 here.
I *browse* with a browser -- nothing more.

html in email seems to be all about eye candy -- not content.
I don't waste time looking for the 'content' in an email where it
appears more effort was applied to the dancing elephants and
flying pigs than was put into the message.

Jonesy
--
  Marvin L Jones    | jonz          | W3DHJ  | linux
   38.24N  104.55W  |  @ config.com | Jonesy |  OS/2