RE: $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] and sql injection

If you're going to implement this, then it's better to implement the conversion in the backend DB (via SP or UDF).  So you can always use MySQL query browser or the command line to run queries or other methods depending on your access to the DB, especially if you need to find that malicious IP address quickly ;)

Regards,
Tommy