RE: How to store encrypted data and how to store the key?

This is something I'm very interested in hearing more about since our other discussion about PHP & threads and how some list members prefer the 'share nothing' approach.  That said, how would you access the memory for every individual sessions that need that decrypting code/key when nothing is shared?  (I'm assuming that this would be purely in PHP :)

Regards,
Tommy