Re: Replacing Registered Symbol

On Jun 18, 2010, at 4:52 PM, Daniel Brown wrote:

   Check your database's character encoding.  My check:

Navicat shows it as Latin1. I believe UTF-8 is what it should be, but I don't want to change it without understanding what impact it will have.

 Note that, while it won't make a
difference in your result here, you don't need to use quotes around
your variable in the str_replace() call you showed.  In fact, not only
would it slow down the processes on more-involved or more-popular
sites, but it'll have a larger impact, as you're using double quotes,
which are first evaluated, then passed.  Single quotes would, of
course, literally echo $mystring in your case, but you get the point.
Just a quick tip.

Did not know, thanks.