Re: Battle of Spam

Brian Dunning wrote:
> I think I must have misstated the problem. Thanks to everyone for the replies, but the question is not how to fix it, it's how to find the script being attacked. Many different admins manage many different sites on this server, and I can't even begin to guess how many mail forms are on there from different programmers.
>
> I'm currently downloading the logs as Peter suggested, and will take a look. I'm not much of a sysad and I just thought maybe someone might know a way to sniff outgoing email or something, I really don't know how to attack this. Fixing the scripts is a long term solution, obviously, but I need a short term fix other than killing email on the apache account.
>
> Might be more of a Linux question than a PHP question.

I think you miss understood Roberts suggestion.  Please go back and re-read his
message.  Once you understand what information will be sent to you, you will
realize by implementing this technique that you will be given all the
information you need to identify the source of the problem.  Then, hopefully you
will also get the information you need to know how to resolve your issue.

--
Jim Lucas