Re: Battle of Spam

Well you coud do just that but after you turn it back on. Set up a fresh error log based on the reset of the mail server. You then have some kind of script monitoring the in and out of your server. Disconnecting the mail server momentarily and maybe a pass reset for your users would stunt the hacker for a second, but would help you set up a line if defense before they found a way back in. I am not a sysad myself, but that seems like a logical way about it. If you let your users know ahead of time that this server and pass reset is to save their server from attack, most will ablige. Also let them know to not use the same password. There may be a better solution though that I don't know of. I'll let the gurus interject. :)

Hth

Karl

Sent from losPhone