Limiting logins

Hey all,

I'm familiar with setting cookies in PHP and using REMOTE_ADDR
to get a visitor's IP address (or that of their gateway), but
not quite sure how to implement a robust mechanism that would
limit a user to logging in from only two different machines, a
requirement this client has on the project.

I'd greatly appreciate hearing from people who have done this
or something similar, or suggestions people might have that
would give that oh so familiar, "D'oh!" moment.

I have some ideas sketched out, setting cookies, etc, but not
sure how robust they'd be.

Big Thanks!
Skip

--