Re: unlink()?

I think it's more likely that a security flaw might be found which allows code other than yours to run. Buffer overflows were notorious for this, as they had the side-effect of running whatever ran outside of their buffer range, so you could in effect get a system with an overflow hole to run whatever code you wanted. Usually a problem like this would be limited to a specific function, but if someone was able to guess correctly that you were using this function then they could potentially form code that exploited it.

I'm not an expert on this sort of thing, so what I've just said is how I roughly understand one aspect of the problem.

Thanks,
Ash

Ash:

Good enough.