Re: php accelorator

Robert Cummings wrote:
Lester Caine wrote:
Robert Cummings wrote:
I use FastCGI and the NTS version of PHP in Windows because that is the
configuration recommended by PHP on their website. After experiencing
the instability of PHP as relates to the module version in Windows
(using eAccelerator at the time), I switched to FastCGI NTS as
recommended and then had to hunt down an appropriate accelerator.
Wincache was in beta at the time and worked very well. As such it is my
recommended accelerator for Windows since it works with PHP FastCGI and
works well.

Well I have no problem with my own configuration being unstable - in
some 5 years of use. So that would appear to suggest you are using
something that has a problem which I am not. I also have only ever
used TS version again without any stability problems.

Part of the problem here is people saying "It does not work" but not
actually helping to identify WHAT does not work :(

I just realized btw... I haven't mentioned that the recommendation is
for IIS in Windows... bleh. I don't think the problem exists when using
Apache under windows. We were forced to use IIS in this particular case
due to Government department policy.

You have my sympathies ;)

We established early on that IIS was unsuitable for the type of sites were run and have never had any problem convincing customers of the facts. MANY of them have now moved the web servers to Linux simply to remove windows from the equation, and THEY were insisting that Windows servers were not negotiable 5 years ago! How times change ....

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL