Re: Question about creating php files from a form

At 11:07 PM -0400 5/13/10, Kevin wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying to figure out how to create files when a user submits a form ...
I have seen something about '*fopen*' , is that the direction I should be going?

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

I am creating a program to keep track of recipes for my wife. I have have page set up where she can put the name of the recipe, the ingredients, and the amounts of each ingredient.
Then she clicks "Submit"

I would like a html file with the name of the recipe to be created ie *cookies.html *with a link to the cookies.html created on another page.
*
*I hope this makes sense,  and thank you all for your time...

- - Kevin

Kevin:

Your wife is trying to make cookies?  :-)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I recommend the same thing that Ash recommended, namely creating a database where your wife can enter the ingredients via a form and have those recorded in a database -- a database where one can pull the data and show the recipes in any manner you want.

Don't look to saving these data as files, or as cookies, but rather as data in a database.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------