Question about creating php files from a form

Hello All,

I am trying to figure out how to create files when a user submits a form ...
I have seen something about '*fopen*' , is that the direction I should be going?

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

I am creating a program to keep track of recipes for my wife. I have have page set up where she can put the name of the recipe, the ingredients, and the amounts of each ingredient.
Then she clicks "Submit"

I would like a html file with the name of the recipe to be created ie *cookies.html *with a link to the cookies.html created on another page.
*
*I hope this makes sense,  and thank you all for your time...

- - Kevin