RE: In need of CVS/SVN checkout script for Production servers [solved]

At 1:10 PM -0700 5/4/10, Daevid Vincent wrote:
Well, here is the one I'm using. I ended up just writing one (again!)

http://www.daevid.com/content/examples/snippets.php :: "Production
Deployment Script"

What?!?

Advanced features??

I know you don't mean it, but you certainly know how to piss people off. You are not going to like what I have to say, but please accept the following as constructive criticism with no personal intent meant.

The site fails W3C CSS validation with 96 errors.

The site fails W3C HTML validation with 92 errors and 9 warnings.

I have not run into a site like this since before the turn of this century where we had browser wars. The problem isn't just with my browser, but many more as you can see here:

http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=516739

The page (not addressing the entire site) is riddled with embedded javascript and embedded styling both of which are considered bad from.

I haven't even addressed accessibility, graceful degradation, or separation of content from presentation from behavior all of which are the goals of "best practices" sites -- and all of which this site fails miserably.

My advice, which I realize that you didn't ask for, is if you want to provide something of substance, then do so for all and not just the privileged elite who think they are the leading edge with this type of "gimmick" nonsense. This site is a step backward into the old browser wars.

Of course, I could tell you what I really think, but I don't want to be too abrasive. :-)

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------