Re: replying to list (I give up)

At 8:27 AM -0400 4/21/10, David McGlone wrote:
I give up. trying to reply to messages on this list is tedious. I can't
pinpoint whether it's because the list is set up to make replies go to
the OP or the OP has his reply-to in his mail client set, or most people
are hitting the reply-to button instead of simply reply.

It just doesn't make sense to me, why be on the mailing list if it
hinders having a group discussion without having to jump through
hurdles. It also defeats the purpose of being on a group list if
replying sends the reply to the OP.

Every message sent to this list, simply hitting reply should send back
to this list and not the OP.
--
Blessings,
David M.

David:

Whenever I want to reply to the OP privately, I use their email address.

Whenever I want to reply to all, I use "PHP <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"

I do NOT (usually) use any quick "Reply" or "Reply to All" options in my email program that sends stuff to everyone. Instead I think about what I am sending and consider if anyone wants to receive my email. Sure it's another step, but no more troublesome than trimming my email to the point or other such considerations to make my replies "on topic" and more readable.

I'm sorry that you feel that doing so is *so tedious* that you are going to "give up", but consider the effort that is put forth by those answering you you should reconsider how much effort you are willing spend to make this list work. Sometimes things cannot be as simple as "Click".

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------