Re: SimpleXMLElement occasionally fails to parse gb2312 or big5 feeds

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Peter Pei <peterpeiguo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use the following code to get rss and parse it, but the code occasionally
> have issues with gb2312 or big-5 encoded feeds, and fails to parse them.
> However other times may appear just okay. Any thoughts? Maybe
> SimpleXMLElement is simply not meant for other language encodings...
>
>                $page = file_get_contents($rss);
>                try {
>                        $feed = new SimpleXMLElement($page);

I've been learning a bit about SimpleXML today myself.  It seems that it
misses a lot of things when it comes to complex, or abnormal XML.  Abnormal
being what you're describing and whatnot.  I don't really have a solid
answer for you (Just noticed no one  responded), but I think you're running
into what I was...  Its just built to be Simple, not expand its mind.

Hope that helps!

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Unlimited Hosting Plans start @ $3.95/month.  Promo
Code "NEWTHINGS" for 10% off initial order

http://www.facebook.com/canishosting
http://www.facebook.com/originalpoetry