Re: Re: Will PHP ever "grow up" and have threading?

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 6:13 AM, Hans Åhlin <ahlin.hans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I admit that if there were native support for threading I
> would use it. But I don´t want the support for threading if it
> slowdown the performance.

hmm i bet you can use any feature of php to slow things down..

i think what's been proven by the pro-camp by now is that at least
some application designs would benefit from threading and shared
memory.

imo there's no way to tell up front if threading will be detrimental
or benefitial to all projects built with php.
itsa case-by-case thing... aint it?