Re: Will PHP ever "grow up" and have threading?

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rene Veerman wrote:
>
>> again:
>> a) you're determining the contents of my toolset, without it affecting
>> you at all. the way you want it php will degrade into a toy language.
>
> Rene, it seems to me that you and I are advocating two opposite
> positions on the topic of threading in PHP, so aren't we both trying to
> determine the contents of each others toolset?

Per: that's EXACTLY the point.
You are determining it for me, i'm not for you.
Simply because you dont have to use the language features you atm
think you don't need in php.

>> b) i will aim for all possible decreases in development time and
>> operating costs during, not only in the grow phase but also in hard
>> economic times. any business person knows why.
>
> Given that the lifetime effort (=cost) of any software project is
> divided into 25% development and 75% maintenance, you really ought to
> focus on the latter.  If you want more performance at a minimal cost,
> surely you should opt to write in a compiled language where you'll get
> far more bang for the buck.

zend? facebook compiler?

i'm staying with php coz the trend is towards jit compiling bro.