Re: Will PHP ever "grow up" and have threading?

look per, i for one build systems designed to scale to popular levels.

that means that whatever i can squeeze out of a single machine will
save me money. quite a lot, coz as you know dedicated hosting gets
very expensive when you have to buy fast machines.

threading features and persistent shared memory _would_ decrease cost,
a lot, for any php app that wants to scale to popular levels.

i'd like to keep coding in php, and not have to switch languages
because my app got popular.